4D Planning Engineer
Due to a number of recent contract Awards, D2 are currently looking to secure a 4D Planning Engineers to join the Team. The prospective planner shall have the following.
Primary Role Requirements
- Provide leadership and direction for Planning and Project Controls in the Project Team.
- Responsible for technical and assurance support for Planning & Project Controls in the Project Team.
- Ensure an effective Project Planning & Controls Team that delivers to target, is efficient and customer focussed.
- The ability to deliver Project Schedules at various GRIP stages, developing from first principles and ensuring the schedules are maintained effectively.
- The ability to deliver a fully integrate 4D Model, to LOD 3 as a minimum (Synchro)
- Uphold, and indeed showcase, D2 Rails Core Values
- A minimum of 4 to 6 years relevant Planning Experience.
- Relevant experience in the successful delivery of major projects of work in the construction and/or rail industries.
- Expert in all aspects of Planning, including development, management, and delivery of detailed Level 6 Project Programmes:
- Advanced user of Primavera P6
- Developing schedules from first principles
- Ability to understand and utilise CAD drawings/ specifications/ schedules to facilitate build-up of the Project Programme
- Cost and Resource Loading/ management/ forecasting
- KPIs/ Contract Milestone identification, allocation, and management
- Management and Analysis of the Critical Path(s)
- Strong understanding of Risk Analysis and Management within the programme
- Strong experience in change analysis/ implementation within the working programme
- Earned Value Management experience i.e., analysis of project performance, development of dashboards and outputs
- Expert in 4D Planning
- Integration of a 3D Model with the project Programme to Level of Detail (LOD) 4 – (a fully animated model), based on the following elements:
- Detailed programme
- 3D models
- Work areas
- Individual elements
- Identification of constraints
- Basic animation of plant and equipment movements
- Identification of constraints, all using a minimum activity duration of 1 day.
- Ability to analyse a construction sequence, identify risks and hazards, and resolve clash detection issues.
- Able to coach and challenge management and non-specialists.
- Ability to develop and build 4D Planning Capacity within the team
- Excellent communication with demonstrable delivery of leadership.
- Knowledge of / experience in the UK railway industry.
- Experience in utilising the GRIP Process for schedule development
- Client facing experience – ability to communicate and work closely with the client to ensure “best in industry” service is being achieved
- Production of hour-by-hour schedules
- Understand the principles behind “access Planning”
- Understand principles behind the QSRA
- Good interpersonal, management and communication skills (attend project meetings and planning workshops).
- Able to communicate effectively to enable knowledge sharing within the team
- Ability to work with project team, including engineering team, to extrapolate the necessary information required to produce the Project Schedule and 4D model respectively.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships both internally and with external stakeholders. Able to mitigate issues and resolve conflicts in the workplace
- Strong timekeeping, and an appreciation of the importance of deadlines. Able to manage the workload of the individual as well as others, to ensure realistic timescales are set for actions (i.e., development of SMART actions)
All prospective D2 Rail employees should strive to uphold D2 Rails Core Values:
- Trust – ensuring the client can trust in our reputation, passion, and commitment to deliver
- Innovation – A core part of any delivery role, the candidate should aspire to innovate with fresh, creative ideas, utilizing lessons learned wherever possible
- People – Encouraging diversity and inclusion within our teams as we continue to develop and expend on our presence within the industry
- Collaboration – building relationships and ensuring we work collectively with the client/ partners to ensure we deliver as effectively as possible
- Sustainability – not just focusing on the here and now, but focusing on the future, for generations to come