Assistant Planning Manager
Dependent on experience
Primary Role Requirements
- Provide leadership and direction for Planning in the Project Team.
- Responsible for technical and assurance support for Planning in the Project Team.
- Ensure an effective Project Planning Team that delivers to target, is efficient and customer focussed
- The ability to deliver Project Schedules at various GRIP stages, developing from first principles and ensuring the schedules are maintained effectively
- Uphold, and indeed showcase, D2 Rails Core Values
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years relevant experience in Planning.
- Appropriate experience in the successful delivery of major projects of work in the construction and/or rail industries.
- Expert in all aspects of Planning, including development, management, and delivery of detailed Level 6 Project Programmes:
- Expert user of Primavera P6
- Developing schedules from first principles
- Ability to understand and utilise CAD drawings/ specifications/ schedules to facilitate build-up of the Project Programme
- Cost and Resource Loading/ management/ forecasting
- KPIs/ Contract Milestone identification, allocation, and management
- Management and Analysis of the Critical Path(s)
- Strong understanding of Risk Analysis and Management within the programme
- Strong experience in change analysis/ implementation within the working programme
- Earned Value Management experience i.e., analysis of project performance, development of dashboards and outputs
- Exposure to typical Leadership Duties:
- Mentorship and professional development of individuals
- Input into resource capacity/ utilisation management in accordance with current, and up and coming project requirements
- Supporting the management of external stakeholders, ensuring clear lines of communication and support with the client/ subcontractors, in order to uphold D2 values and deliver “best in industry” planning services
The candidate must be able to demonstrate Leadership, such that all members of the Planning team can be provided support, direction, and mentorship accordingly.
The potential candidate needs to be of a proactive, enthusiastic nature, and should be able to effectively communicate to all stakeholders, building on relationships to ensure client satisfaction.
Confidence is crucial – the candidate must be able to demonstrate independent working, and an ability to make challenging decisions to ensure efficient delivery of the project whilst maintaining strong relationships and following best practices.
All prospective D2 Rail employees should strive to uphold D2 Rails Core Values:
- Trust – ensuring the client can trust in our reputation, passion, and commitment to deliver
- Innovation – A core part of any delivery role, the candidate should aspire to innovate with fresh, creative ideas, utilizing lessons learned wherever possible
- People – Encouraging diversity and inclusion within our teams as we continue to develop and expend on our presence within the industry
- Collaboration – building relationships and ensuring we work collectively with the client/ partners to ensure we deliver as effectively as possible
- Sustainability – not just focusing on the here and now, but focusing on the future, for generations to come